This time last week I was at Julie’s with all the various dye pots still going and the steamer on. My mother had carefully dried the smallish silver dollar leaves from a bouquet I’d given her and I painstakingly picked them off their stems and put them onto various cotton and also wool fabrics, spraying some with iron water (it was Julie’s and weaker than mine), and some with a copper water/vinegar solution. I left some unsprayed except for water. Julie had some ilyarrie (Eucalyptus erythrocorys) leaves from her father-in-law’s pruning so I used some of those too. This proved to be a family affair!
Voilà! After they’d languished in Julie’s cold steamer for a week I popped around and collected them. We actually unwrapped them with chilled fingers in the cold of the early evening because Julie wanted to see them too and I didn’t want to wait until I got home to see them unwrapped either!
Gotta go and unwrap another group of bundles now and walk up the street to a small park where there are a lot of Geraldton Wax plants that need trimming!